Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Poi Practicing Over the Weekend

Been at a festival all weekend, I spent alot of time standing in a field learning poi spinning, to the point now I can do a few of the more complex interweaving moves with my eyes closed, and standing on one leg (Really). Not that I haven’t got a few hard bumps and bruises along the way, but it’s been worth while.

I finally splashed out and got a pair of my own too, which means I have the opertunity to practice whenever I want now, which should be good excersize as a bonus. Plus it was sort a thank you to the couple who were doing to circus skills workshops, since I spent a fair bit of time there, it seemed only reasonable I buy something from them as well. – I didn’t quiet streach to the LED Poi, something I think I might wait for, around my birthday perhaps when the nights start to draw in.


My over all goal now is to get good enough so that by the festival season next year, I’ll be able to start spinning fire Poi without risking to many burns.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home