Monday, August 01, 2005

Maybe it's Time For a Hipster PDA.

I dismissed the whole Hipster PDA thing fairly early in my GTD research, the whole idea of walking around with a whole bunch on index cards seemed a bit of an anti-progress method. So right now I walk around with a tiny 6 cm by 9 cm mini note book. Which is great for jotting down quick reminders about things but I fail to process it regularly, and so end up just wading though a stream of notes each time I want to add to it.

This last few days I’ve tried using index cards in place, and when I’m wearing a shirt with a pocket to put them in, I’ve found it really handy. – Though the same can’t be said when putting them in my back trouser pocket, they get a bit bent and dog eared like that.

I’m growing to like the whole solution though and my affinity to index cards on the whole is developing as a play around with ideas and plans to get my in box and tickler file sort out later in the week when I have some time off work.

4 Comments:

At 5:51 am, Blogger Geoff said...

This doesn't relate to Hipster, but I saw your picture at 43things and almost jumped out of my chair. We look very similar. Not only that, you live in Cheshire and I am a Cheshire. OK, maybe that part isn't so wierd.

Pic 1
Pic 2

 
At 6:01 am, Blogger Christopher said...

Awesome Blog! I added you to my bookmarks. My site is on corvettes if you would like to come and give me a review!

 
At 11:00 pm, Blogger TranceGeek said...

geoff - That's just way to creepy, I mean seriously if I wasn't me, I'd think that was... luckly, the fact your eating cake says otherwise, I'm very much anti-sweet at meal times, it sends me loopy.

 
At 6:26 am, Blogger Steve Swedler said...

I love my Hipster, tho I have modified it substantially. Instead of index cards clipped together, I bought a simple pocket-sized moleskine and I pre-print the GTD pages on 3x5 post-it notes. You can check out my mod here ... http://www.unhappyemployee.com/?p=4.

It makes it a lot more attractive and user friendly. I hope that helps you integrate the Hipster into your life.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home