Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Gadget: Keyring Linux Server

A part of me is screaming it's all a hoax, but the new Black Dog USB Key Linux Server is an amazing concept. Just plug into the USB port and up jumps Linux, running on this little toy hunk of plastic, that includes bio-metric scanner. It's almost too good to be true.

Of course, if they ship - I want one, no doubt about it, I don't know what I'd actually do with it, in fact, I think my money would be better spent on a VMWare licence, but then buying gadgets isn't so much about praticallity, as it is "wow" factor, which is why so many just sit on a shelf gathering dust.

The most insane thing is the specs... 400Mhz PPC - the computer I'm typing on right now only clocks in at 500Mhz. Time will tell how it turns out, and I sure would love to have a chance to play about with one.

Tags: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home